Most of you probably know that Adobe released a public beta of Photoshop Lightroom 5, their professional photo management and manipulation software, about two months ago, well now they have finally made the official final release available to the public.
Adobe has highlighted six major new and improved features that will help make the software even better than it was before, these include the following:
- Advanced Healing Brush: Remove distracting elements with a single brush stroke. Adjust the size of the brush and move it in precise paths. Unwanted objects and flaws—even those with irregular shapes like threads—just disappear.
- Upright tool: Straighten tilted images with a single click. The new Upright tool analyzes images and detects skewed horizontal and vertical lines, even straightening shots where the horizon is hidden.
- Radial Gradient tool: Emphasize important parts of your image with more flexibility and control. The Radial Gradient tool lets you create off-center vignette effects, or multiple vignetted areas within a single image.
- Smart Previews: Easily work with images without bringing your entire catalog of original images with you. Just generate smaller stand-in files called Smart Previews. Make adjustments or metadata additions to the Smart Previews and apply your changes to the full-size originals later.
- Improved photo book creation: Create beautiful photo books from your images. Lightroom includes a variety of easy-to-use book templates, and now you can edit them to create a customized look. Upload your book for printing with just a few clicks.
- Video slideshows: Easily share your work in elegant video slideshows. Combine still images, video clips, and music in creative HD videos that can be viewed on almost any computer or device.
For those looking to purchase Lightroom 5 for the first time it costs $149, however if you are updating from a previous version you can get it for $79, furthermore those who subscribe to Adobe’s Creative Cloud service will also receive access to Lightroom 5 with their memberships.